Port worker gets shocked, rescued from warehouse roof
Summary: A worker at the Port of Wilmington received an accidental shock Monday morning, requiring a rooftop rescue by the Wilmington Fire Department.....
The 50-year-old man was working on the roof of Building A at 1 Hausel Road when he received an electrical shock, according to fire department officials. Fire officials deemed the rescue a complicated one because of the wind conditions and his position on the roof.
Fire and EMS crews reached the victim on top of the two-story warehouse by an exterior staircase, but its steep angle wouldn't allow for patient removal, officials said.
Officials said the special operations rescue team used Tower Ladder No. 3 to access to the roof. The team packaged the patient in a rescue basket and secured a basket to the tower ladder, then lowered him down to waiting EMS personnel, officials said.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital for further evaluation.
About 15 fire and EMS personnel responded to the incident.