Posted By :
Start Date :
Jan 12, 2018
Feb 12, 2018
Electrician - Other
Mt Isa & Western QLD
Job Type :
Reporting to the HV Supervisor, your primary responsibility involves testing, repair and maintenance of the high voltage power reticulation system for the Mount Isa Mines Copper and Zinc mining leases and the Mount Isa Water Board.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
The successful candidate will possess:
- Conducting protection relay testing
- High voltage equipment commissioning and testing; and
- Maintenance of auxiliary protection systems such as battery charges, maintenance of switchboards, transformers and outdoor switchyards.
You will also have a flexible attitude and sound work ethic, have excellent time management skills and the ability to achieve results within the specified time frames. A strong customer focus is required as well as a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work well within a team environment or with minimal supervision. You will have a sound understanding of work place OH&S and hold a manual drivers licence.
- Electrical trade qualification with the ability to obtain a Queensland Electrical license;
- Industrial experience including Power Distribution Systems – HV & LV, Protection Relay testing, switchboard commissioning and testing; and
- HV cable jointing and termination experience will be highly regarded.
This position is residentially based in Mount Isa. For more details on this role we encourage you to call Nelson Athanasiou on 4744 2138.
*Previous applicants need not reapply as applications are kept on file*
Applications will only be accepted via www.glencore.com quoting reference number TG303
Applications close: Friday, 26th January 2018