Our client is a leading specialist in international food processing and packing, supplying major National and International retailers from state-of-the-art facilities. Currently in 14 European countries, NZ and Australia the Qld business is expanding with multiple positions available. Now is the time to be part of the strategic approach both in terms of new product development and the range of services offered to their customers.
Our client has 3 shift openings available for a new factory going live in February 2018. The shifts available are: 6:00am-3:00pm, 8:00am-5:00pm and 8:00pm-12:00am. Shift allowances are applicable on the night shift, 15% in addition to your salary. We will require candidates that are able to do rotating shifts.
As the sole Electrical Fitter per shift you will have competencies to manufacture, fit, assemble, erect, operate, test, fault find, alter and repair electrical equipment which includes electrical wiring work associated with assembling, maintaining, terminating or altering the wiring between electrical components within a manufacturing food processing plant.
Personal Skills/Competencies you will have:
• Good mechanical knowledge
• Experience working in a food environment is essential
• Self-motivated and able to work both autonomously and in a team environment
• Able to do rotating shifts as per above
• Valid Electrical licence and/or Electrical Engineering Degree
• Liaise with machinery suppliers
• Stock part rotation
• Diagnose faults and carry out remedial action
• Propose improvements on lines to drive increase
• Dismantle and re-assemble production equipment in a timely manner
• Complete job report sheets
• Complete breakdown reports
• Assist in the installation and commissioning of new equipment
• Fabrication works across the business
Please refer to www.manpower.com.au for a full list of opportunities. Only local residents will be considered for these positions. You MUST be a permanent resident or Australian Citizen. Some positions may require training interstate for 1 week. For further information please call Carla Morris on 07 3407 3134. Only suitable applicants will be considered for interview.