Posted By :
Start Date :
Aug 11, 2017
Sep 11, 2017
Job Type :
Oil & Gas
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, our principles and our people. UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions. UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner. By joining UGL, you will have the opportunity to work with an industry leader, gain invaluable experience and have the support to strive for more in your career. We are currently seeking to engage a highly skilled and safety focused E&I Technician in a full-time capacity based on site at Kewdale, with some interstate travel as well. Reporting to the Regional Electrical Automation Engineer, you will undertake trade related activities associated with maintenance of core and non-critical operating assets as defined within our systems. As the E&I Technician you will support the best practices framework and embody UGL’s core values. Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
To be considered you MUST have the following skills and experience:
- Performing E&I installation work (including calibration & commissioning) as directed by leading hand or supervisor
- Performing reactive maintenance/troubleshooting as well as preventative maintenance on E&I equipment in fuel terminals and industrial work sites
- PLC & SCADA testing, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Low and Medium voltage switching
- Servicing, testing and maintenance of LV switchgear, general power distribution, LV electrical motors, motor control circuits, VSDs, MCCs, auxiliary electrical equipment, cathodic protection systems, water treatment facilities, UPS and battery charger systems
- Performing selection, installation and inspection of electrical equipment in hazardous areas (EEHA) including intrinsically safe systems
- Field and bench testing, maintenance and calibration of instruments including but not limited to level, flow, density, temperature and pressure
- Data recording into maintenance software
- Performing maintenance on lighting, distribution boards and transformers on site
- Experience in an O&G, Petrochemical, Chemical or a continuous processing plant is essential
- Certificate III in Electro Technology (UEE30811) - Current certification WA Electrical Work License.
- Certificate IV in Electrical Instrumentation (UEE40411)
- Certificate IV in Hazardous Areas (UEE42611)
- Fully certified by the requirements of Electrical Equipment Hazardous Area (EEHA) standards in accordance with AS60079 and AS3000. Additional requirements and competencies along with knowledge of the following;
Work Safely at Heights certified (RIIWHS204D)
AS/NZS 60079.17:2009 – Explosive atmospheres Part 17: Electrical installations inspection and maintenance (IEC 60079-17, ED.4.0 (2007) MOD).
AS/NZS 4761.1:2008 – Competencies for working with electrical equipment for hazardous areas (EEHA) Part 1: Competency Standards; Part 2: Guide to assessing competency.
NOHSC: 2016 (1996) National Code of Practice of Major Hazard Facilities.
- Current CPR/LVR and Advanced Resuscitation (CLS) Certification
- C Class Drivers’ License
If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply now via the button below. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum 5 years’ post trade experience in fuel terminal facilities, hydrocarbon plant or continuous Oil & Gas
- Gas detection trained. (3 yearly)
- Senior First Aid certified. (3 yearly)
- EWP Yellow Card or preferably EWP WP 11m and over certificate
- First response to fire incidents trained. (3 yearly)