MECHANICAL SERVICE TECHNICIANBack
Posted By :
Ignite Architecture Construction & Engineering
Start Date :
Dec 06, 2017
Jan 06, 2018
Job Type :
Manufacturing & Vendor
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Service Technician to join an FMCG leader!
Leading in their industry, this recognised manufacturer in the FMCG industry has a strong focus on streamlined processes on a local, national and global level.
Due to recent growth, an opportunity now exists for an experienced Mechanical Service Technician to join the business on a full-time permanent basis.
Working within the Queensland-based Service Team, this role will see you undertaking installations and servicing and conducting maintenance on FMCG equipment.
You will be responsible for fault-finding and diagnostics to ensure equipment and machines are utilised to their maximum.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- Fitter and Turner’s licence
- Experience in working on automation machines and their associated components (including pneumatics, hydraulics, bearing and shaft replacement etc.)
- Mechanical fault finding and repair of the above types of equipment
- Reporting – service reports, status updates, safety documentation, risk assessments, preventative maintenance follow up documentation.
- Driver’s licence and a willingness to travel interstate (and overseas if required).
- Supervisory skills (monitoring and mentoring apprentices and other mechanical technicians).
- Experience in welding (including mild and stainless steels - MIG, TIG, Oxy-acetylene) would be highly regarded
- Experience in tuning and milling would be highly regarded
- Restricted electrical licence would be highly regarded
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship with customers and employees
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to collate and write detailed reports
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours as required
Your key responsibilities will include:
- FMCG onsite support
- Trouble shooting and repair support
- Training of customer staff
- Managing and responding to local and interstate breakdowns
- Identify and rectify mechanical faults
- Conduct on-site installations as part of a dedicated team
Apply today with a copy of your resume and cover letter.